Create a Halloween display that Alfred Hitchcock would be proud of. All you need is some black netting, a dark wreath, a few accessories and Command™ Hooks and Strips. In the end this project isn't too scary at all - it goes up easily and comes down cleanly with out any damage. Just Boo-tiful!
– Command™ Clear Decorating Clips – this project uses four clips
– Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips – this project uses on set of strips.
– Command™ Clear Medium Hook – this project uses one hook– Isopropyl alcohol
– Halloween-themed plaque
– Halloween feather wreath
– Black web netting
– Additional seasonal decor – this project uses a witch hat, glass pumpkins and a black cat sculpture
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Clear any items that you do not want to be part of the Halloween display from the apothecary cabinet, and plan the layout of your Halloween display. Replace the items removed in step 1 with seasonal décor items. This project placed glass pumpkins, a witch hat on top of a teapot, as well as a black cat sculpture on the top shelf of the apothecary cabinet.
2. To hang the Halloween-themed plaque on the wall above the top shelf, first clean the wall with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Then, remove the Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips from the packaging, separating the strips from each other.
Remove one green liner and position one set of strips on the back of the plaque. Press the strip firmly against the back of the plaque. Repeat with the remaining strips needed to hang the plaque. This project uses one set of Picture Hanging Strips.
NOTE: Each set of strips holds up to 3 pounds.
Remove the remaining green liner(s) from the strips adhered to the back of the plaque. Position the plaque against the back of the cabinet on the top shelf and press the front of the plaque against the back of the cabinet for 30 seconds.
Remove the plaque by grabbing at the bottom corners and pulling up and out toward you. Press firmly along all three areas of each strip for 30 seconds each and wait one hour before remounting the plaque.
3. To drape the web netting along the front of the shelf, first clean all surfaces with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Remove the Command™ Clear Decorating Clips and adhesive strips from the packaging and separate the adhesive strips from each other.
Remove the black “wall side” liner from an adhesive strip, and place it on the upper left-hand corner of the cabinet, pressing firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds. Remove the blue liner from the adhesive strip, and apply the clip to the strip, making sure the tab is accessible for future removal. Press firmly along the entire clip for 30 seconds.
4. Repeat to adhere the remaining three decorating clips to the front of the shelves, adhering one to the middle of the top shelf, another to the right side of the second shelf, and the third to the right side of the cabinet above the drawers. After waiting one hour, drape the web netting across the front of the cabinet by hanging small pieces of the netting from the decorating clips.
5. To hang the Halloween-themed wreath from the front of the cabinet, clean the surface of the front, middle drawer with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Remove the Command™ Clear Medium Hook and adhesive strips from the packaging and separate the strips from another. Remove the black “wall side” liner from an adhesive strip to adhere the clear medium hook to the front, middle drawer. After waiting one hour, hang the wreath from the hook.