The Competent Trainer program focuses on practical teaching and techniques that allow the graduate to teach select fall protection courses. This course is a pass/fail program and incorporates extensive classroom and hands-on training and incorporates both written and practical examinations that are based on the requirements of the OSHA regulations and the ANSI Z359.2 standard.
This course enables the attendee to have documented fall protection experience, knowledge and training to conduct Competent or Authorized Person training within your company.
Upon completion of this course, the student will receive a certificate recognizing that they have met the OSHA and ANSI requirements as a Competent Person and Competent Person Trainer.
• All topics covered in Competent Person
• Regulations relating to all fall protection topics
• Fall hazard elimination and controls methods
• Fall hazard surveys and fall protection procedures
• Responsibilities of Competent Persons
• Detailed inspection of equipment components and systems
• Fall protection system assessments and determining when a system is unsafe
• Fall protection rescue procedures
• Selection and use of non-certified anchorages
• Fall hazard surveys
• Learning objectives
• Developing lesson plans
• Skills in adult education
Duration is four days in all locations except Red Wing. All Red Wing
sessions are 4.5 days to include plant and test lab tours for the class.
This course is designed for individuals who are responsible for training Competent or Authorized Persons. This course includes the Competent Person and Competent Inspector courses, during the first two days along with training on how to deliver instruction on the classroom and practical skills of working at heights.